Learning to drive is a skill for life so get the learner's edge!
At Fifth Gear Motoring we have over 15 years experience teaching learners in the ACT and NSW. We have extensive knowledge on both the ACT and NSW logbook systems.
We have a wonderful fleet of Mini Coopers for our standard learn to drive training. We also have one very special Mini with a variety of the latest technology in modified hand and foot controls to assist those with special needs. These controls are proudly supplied by our partner TOTAL ABILITY "Driving controls for your independence" who provide wonderful service, products and ongoing support. We also have a series of state of the art Spinner Knobs provided by the team at LODGESONS LTD who we are grateful of for their wonderful support. Please contact our office for information and pricing for this specialised service.
We aim to educate drivers to a standard that gives them the ability, to be both a proactive and defensive driver. We use the ACT Government Log Book system to assess drivers for their Provisional license and assist NSW drivers in prpeparing for the government driving test. Our training is more comprehensive than the minimum standard required. Our training covers both practical skills to be a safe driver, but more importantly the correct attitude for driving on Australian roads and conditions. We also provide training for the Government Driving Test both in the ACT and NSW
Learning with Fifth Gear Motoring:
- Automatic and Manual lessons.
- Cert IV qualified/accredited instructors.
- All trainers have undertaken additional training to assist with special needs cases.
- Smoke free vehicles.
- Experience in teaching Learners with special needs such as Aspergers, Anxiety, Physical and Intellectual disabilities.
- Dual controlled vehicles.
- Drivers of all levels of skill and experience are welcome.
- Phone support for the learner/parent.
- Written practice sheets available.
- We use one of the safest cars on the road, The MINI Cooper (5 star ANCAP rating).
- Lessons are conducted in the ACT and Queanbeyan.
- Standard Learn to Drive Lesson price is $80 and the lesson duration is 1 hour..
Please feel free to email in any enquiries or call the office on 0466 460 911. We do have an on line booking form to get you started. This does not commit you to anything, however one of our staff will contact you to answer any questions or help you get a lesson booked.
CANCELLATION POLICY - please read carefully
Fifth Gear Motoring instructors are professional driver trainers and like yours, their time is valuable. Cancellations and changes must be made 24 hours prior to your lesson time, or a cancellation payment of the full $80 will be required (except in extenuating circumstances). Cancellations and changes can be made by telephone (text included) through your Driving Instructor. If you are unable to make contact with them, please call the office on 0466 460 911.